When your desktop is so cluttered, you can no longer view the wallpaper or picture you set as the background, that’s a clear indication it’s time to organize and purge some files.
The fact is if you haven’t opened any of those files within the last 12 months, you should file/archive them into folders, or simply delete them. Not only will you be able to find things easier, feeling organized can lead to less stress and improved mood. It makes sense that when things are in order, you’d feel good about that!
Consider these simple tips for cleaning and organizing so you can start fresh in 2019:
- Clean up your desktop files first so you can view that nice wallpaper/picture background.
- Empty your recycle bin on your computer and your junk mail, clutter, and deleted items in your email program?
- Check your downloads folder. All the files you download from your email and browsers are stored there, which can take up a lot of space – until you go in and purge.
- Delete programs you don’t use.
- Organize your photos into folders by subject or year, or both, and delete duplicates.
- Consider investing in a utility software like Clean My Mac (Mac) or AVG PC TuneUp (Windows) that helps you clean up your files and programs.
In 2019 work smarter, not harder! The first step in doing so is organizing your workspace – both physical and digital. Take some time to clean up, purge, archive, organize, file, and go into the New Year feeling optimistic for what’s ahead.